Well Woman Programme and Men's Health Unit
- Functions of the Unit
- Provision of screening services for– Breast and Cervical cancer, non-communicable diseases like Diabetes, Hypertension and BMI.
- Logistics - Forecasting of consumables, obtaining stocks, storing and distribution according to annual schedule to all RMSDs in the country and laboratories in 35 hospitals.
- Capacity building; annual training programs for MOOH, PHNS and cyto screeners.
- Post Graduate training and training programs for special groups
- Special training programs at the district level. Eg those districts with high rates of unsatisfactory smears, HPV DNA training etc.
- At the national level with technical advisors, Sri Lanka Collage of Pathologists and College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists.
- UN agencies.
- At the international level with stakeholders involved in cervical cancer elimination.
Family Health Bureau Ministry of Health Sri Lanka. Designed & Developed by Monitoring & Evaluation Unit - Family Health Bureau Ministry of Health Sri Lanka