Adolescent and Youth Health Unit
Function of the unit
- Develop strategic plans to achieve the strategic objectives of adolescent health program
- Advocate the policy makers and stakeholders at central & provincial level on the importance of improving adolescent health and establishing adolescent friendly health services
- Networking with the education, social service and youth sectors on the multidisciplinary issues related to adolescent and youth health promotion.
- Develop/adopt and pilot test evidence-based health interventions on improving adolescent and youth health and integrate those in to existing service models
- Conduct assessment/operational research on the adolescent and youth health issues
- Build the capacity of health and other officers on the needs of adolescent and youth and making the existing services friendly
- Provide technical expertise on adolescent and youth health related matters in intra and inter sectoral planning, implementation, monitoring and evaluating of various programs/ activities at different levels.
- Develop Communication materials pertaining to adolescent and youth health
- Promote /provide opportunities to share best/innovative practices in providing adolescent and youth health services
- Convene Technical Advisory Committee on Young Person’s Health chaired by the DGHS