Child Care Development & Special needs Unit
Function of the unit
- Ensure the monitoring and promotion of physical, socio emotional, cognitive, language and psychosocial development of children in Sri Lanka.
- Sustaining a regular screening and early intervention programmes to identify and cater for the needs of the children with developmental delays and disorders.
- Identification of policy concerns related to child development and special need and providing guidance and advocacy to relevant policy makers and stakeholders.
- Selecting, adapting, piloting and scaling up of child development and special need programme in the country.
- Analyzing the burden and trends related to child development concerns.