School Health Unit
Function of the unit
- Develop policy & strategic plans on School Health and Adolescent Health.
- Provide technical guidance on School and Adolescent Health to the Ministry of Health and Ministry of Education.
- Provide technical expertise in improving the quality of school and adolescent health activities through the development of guidelines, standards, protocols etc.
- Provide technical guidance in surveillance, monitoring, and supervising activities with regard to School and Adolescent Health.
- Coordinate all the activities conducted by national stakeholders of the school health program and provincial authorities.
- Develop and implement training programs to build the capacity of Public Health Staff, Education Staff, Children, and Parents on School and Adolescent Health.
- Procurement and distribution of anthropometric equipment and micronutrients for school health program.
- Develop supplementary books on health-related tropics and IEC materials for adolescents, teachers, and parents to facilitate health promotion of school children and adolescents.
- Convene National Coordinating Committee on School Health chaired by DDG/PHSII