Function of the unit
- Identification of the research needs of the National RMNCAYH Programme.
- Conduction of research in order to address the research needs of the National programme.
- Commissioning and facilitation of external agencies and persons to conduct research to address the research needs.
- Dissemination of the findings of research conducted or commissioned to relevant stakeholders.
- Compilation and consolidation of locally available evidence on maternal and child health for planning and other programmatic needs.
- Strengthening of partnership with other research organizations and academic institutions.
- Improvement of research capacity of public health staff.
- Provision of technical expertise to public health staff for conduction of research.
- Provision of technical expertise to strengthen preparedness and response for Reproductive Health issues during emergencies (MISP).